There’s are many reasons why berries, included all types, are called superfoods. Packaged with essential nutrients, berries are ideal for any meal of the day. Don’t like the taste? Just throw in a few in the blender with some milk, and you have an instant smoothie. Berries are of varied kinds, and some of the best ones include goji berries, acai berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, and bilberries. It can be hard to source some of these, which is why we have brands like naturestouchfrozenfoods.com that sell frozen berries. In this post, we give you real reasons to have berries every single day!
- Because berries are rich in antioxidants. Yes, antioxidants are found in abundance in most berries, which keeps a check on free radicles in the body. Antioxidants present in different berries include resveratrol and resveratrol, which also help in reducing risk of certain diseases. Of all the options, blueberries and raspberries have the best mix of antioxidants, blackberries are a close second.
- Because berries are good for people with high blood sugar. If you are diabetic, you need to include more berries in your diet. Studies reveal that berries may have some impact in protecting cells from increasing sugar level in blood. Anyone who has an issue with insulin resistance, such as with conditions like PCOS, berries can help.
- Because berries have soluble fiber. Most berries contain a good amount of soluble fiber, which means that you will have lesser hunger pangs. If you have been trying to lose weight, this is a good way to control your weight instead of snacking on French fries and other quick snacks that are loaded with calories.
- Because berries are nutritious. Besides antioxidants, berries also have minerals and vitamins that are essential for the body. The list includes vitamin C, Manganese, Copper, Folate, and Vitamin K. For those who are calorie conscious, every cup of berries contains considerably enough to make one satiated but doesn’t pile on calories.
- Because you can have berries in the way you like. Berries are great for fruit salads, smoothies, jams and more. You can keep frozen berries in the freezer for months and have it on the go as a quick snack. What’s more? You can also try some of the awesome recipes that are quick to make and have all the essential vitamins and nutrients.
Check online now to find more on frozen berries!